I have just replaced the face wash I’d been using for almost 4 years consecutively, *and* getting for free might I add, to start using this– Dr.Bronner’s Pure Castile Soap. I don’t want to go back!!! Should you try it, I am fairly near positive it will change your life. This company has a reputation of making uncomplicated, truly organic soaps that simply work. I get mine at Meijer (grocery store) in the organic section, but you can also purchase it online. I use the baby-mild classic liquid soap (light blue bottle) on my face because it is unscented. It cleared up my acne in 6 days. I began seeing results after 4 days.
Suggested directions are to lather up with about 3 drops twice daily and rinse. I was unsure about how much I was getting from the bottle, because it was really hard to get JUST 3 drops out. So I washed out one of my husband’s empty contact solution bottles and put some of this soap in it in order to get just 3-4 drops at a time. That’s a really small amount and I wanted to see if using precisely that amount would give me results. AND IT DID!!
This article put me onto the idea of using Dr. Bronner’s Magic Pure Castile Liquid Soap as a face wash. The author claims that it removes her mascara just fine, but I haven’t tried it yet. I use petroleum jelly and a cotton ball to remove my mascara because I wear the waterproof kind.
I have a store brand lotion that is non-comedogenic and unscented to use with this product. I also use a trusty acne cream for spot treating, and an oil control cream for my oily areas. Witch Hazel applied at night as a toner is optional, but I’ve found it helps/feels good. Here’s my routine:
1. Wash face with 4 drops Dr. Bronner’s. Scrub/wipe face with a damp wash cloth. Rinse and pat face dry.
2. Rub lotion on the dry areas of my face.
3. Treat acne with acne treatment gel.
4. Rub in some oil control cream on the oily areas only.
1. Loosen mascara and eye makeup with petroleum jelly then wipe it off with a cotton ball. (this is messy)
2. Wash face with 4 drops Dr. Bronner’s. Scrub/wipe face with a damp wash cloth. Rinse and pat face dry.
3. Apply a few drops of Witch Hazel all over my face and neck with a cotton ball. I also take this opportunity to treat any cuts, bruises, or irritation I might have on the rest of my body. Let dry.
4. Rub lotion into the dry areas of my face.
5. Treat acne.
There are so many uses for this soap; I’m only taking advantage of one! Click here to reach the official Dr. Bronner website if you’re interested in reading more about it. I don’t support the religious ideals associated with these products, but I will say that this soap works and I will be looking to buy another bottle when I run out …in a few years probably! I bought the 32 oz. bottle. Bottle sizes range from 2 oz. to 1 gal.